Banner

Banner

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Weekly Message from Pastor Tommy

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. I enjoyed my Thanksgiving week. All week was great for me being with family and friends. I was able to go and be with my mother and family. It is always a special time with family, but it seems to be even more special time at Thanksgiving. There were times when ballgames, hunting, and other things were on the agenda instead of a meal and family. The older I get, God’s blessings seem to be at the front. Children need to know that Thanksgiving is a time of faith and not just fun and food. When we research the meaning of Thanksgiving we see that praising God was at the beginning. People took time to thank the Lord for all He had done and all that He was doing. Without God we have nothing and are nothing. This is a time to call our nation to focus on God. America is so blessed and we are blessed. Just think back to all that you had this past Thanksgiving. The world as a whole doesn’t enjoy all that we have. America, God has shined his light upon her. Thank you Lord for loving me and giving me things that I don’t deserve; you truly are gracious.

Thank you Tim and Pam for heading up our Thanksgiving meal. We had plenty of food and the fellowship was wonderful. I don’t know when I enjoyed a better meal than this one. They say your last one is the most memorable and I would have to agree. This was my 21st Thanksgiving meal here at New Bethel and the one that will stay with me. Not to have a kitchen and water I think things went very well. The crowd was great too. This is a tradition that needs to be part of New Bethel ministry for years to come. There are some things that need to be done away with, but not this one. The Church is going through a lot of changes and a lot of changes are yet to come. The main thing is to find God’s will and follow it. You have great leadership: Listen and follow them. Miracles are still on the way for New Bethel Church. I am just glad that I have had a small part in it. Keep the Faith: God is still on the Throne.

Pastor Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment