Banner

Banner

Monday, November 21, 2011

Pastor's Weekly Message - 11/20/11

November 20, 2011

Today we are celebrating Thanksgiving as a Church family. I am so thankful for the Leadership of our Church for having this special day even though we are not in the worship center and do not have a kitchen to cook in. Tim and Pam, thank you so much for your part in the planning, and Judy for the decorating. Some people would not be rejoicing because of having the meal and the service in the same room, but I am. There have been a lot of things we have had to adjust to in the last several weeks because of the fire. Don’t forget to thank the Lord for what we do have. We are a blessed people. Look around at the things we have here in this building: Friends, family, and faith. What more could we ask for? The worship center has been painted and that is a praise. We were told this week again that by Christmas day we should have a service in our updated worship center with new paint, new carpet, new pad pews, new ceiling, new sound equipment, and much much more. We are blessed!

My Big Praise is 20 years ago I became the Pastor of New Bethel Baptist Church. I did not know what the journey would be and here we are 20 years later celebrating Thanksgiving together. As I am typing this article my mind goes through some wonderful memories which the Lord has allowed us to enjoy together. The fire reminded me just how quickly it all can be gone and it will be one day. I am proud of the things that the Lord has accomplished through my ministry here. I have failed to tell some of you what you have meant to me but each family has a special place in my heart. The births of all the babies, the marriages, the celebration of answered prayers, the outreach in the communities, the wonderful funerals where you just felt the presence and power of God, to hospital visits and so much more. I am thankful I was the one God chose to be part of this. Miracles after miracles have taken place here and we were a part of them. Church, let’s just Praise the Lord. Thanksgiving would not be Thanksgiving without thanks. Thank you Lord and Thank you New Bethel Baptist Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment