Banner

Banner

Monday, August 1, 2011

Pastor's Weekly Message - 7/24/11

July 24, 2011

We are coming to the close of the Book of Genesis and it has been a great Wednesday night study for me. I have enjoyed teaching and preaching through this wonderful book. The study has been on time for us and there has been a lot of information we have learned. Adam, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph have been the main characters in this book. The Nation of Israel was birthed and all that God had promised Abraham came true just like He said it would.  I am going to miss the studies when we conclude them. Wednesday is my favorite time together with you because we have time to do an in-depth subject or a study.   I am not sure where we will be going after we finish this Book but it will be another Book study. It is amazing how the Books we are studying cover things we are dealing with today in life.

I know that you like me enjoyed Summer’s testimony last Sunday. It was great to hear her tell about how she connected with the Lord through Salvation and how her faith has grown. She shared with boldness and confidence of her love for the Lord and her walk with the Lord. When youth share their faith it blesses me and encourages me to be stronger in my faith for the Lord. Speaking of the youth, please pray for them as we will be leaving this Tuesday to go on a youth retreat with Susan and Anthony Kessler.  Pray that they will have a good time and a spiritual time. Many make life-changing decisions while at youth camp.   They know they are going to encounter the presence of the Lord and will be faced personally as to what they are going to do with Jesus. I hope we come back with some powerful testimonies.

We had two deaths associated with our church this past week. Kurt Partain’s brother went home to be with the Lord. His funeral was Thursday.  Leisa Thomas’ funeral was Friday. Remember these families in your prayers. 

Pastor Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment