Banner

Banner

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Weekly Bulletin Message - 6/17/12

HAPPY FATHER’S DAY. What a great day this is as we honor all our Dad’s out there. What is your fondest memory of your Dad? For me, it was the time he taught me how to swim. He took me down to the river below the house. He then jumped in and said; “Come on Wade, you can do it”. The water came up to my Father’s neck which would make it way over my head. I was afraid. But, he assured me he would never let me go under. I got up enough courage and I jumped in. But, to my surprise, Dad was on his knees so the water was not over my head. Dad taught me how to swim that day and I will never forget it. This is much like our Heavenly Father. He is always there to keep us from going under. If we trust Him, he will keep us floating.

Now, a word or two about our Vacation Bible School this year. Without a doubt, it was the best I have ever had the opportunity to be involved in. I want to give a special thanks to all the men and ladies who took part in this year’s VBS. It was a complete success. The kids loved the race cars and we had a few grudge races as well. There were 96 children enrolled and 63 adults. THANKS FOR MAKING THIS YEARS VBS A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE.

I am so excited over what is happening here at New Bethel. I can see something great on the horizon. Keep coming to the First Service. Don’t forget about Sunday School and remember the Second Worship Service as well. Remember, we must work together for God to use New Bethel Baptist Church. God Bless to all. We are looking forward to really moving forward in the next months.

Pastor Wade

MEMORY VERSE FOR TODAY: Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment