Banner

Banner

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Weekly Message from Pastor Tommy-12/25/11

Merry Christmas to you all. Not many times do we have Christmas on Sunday but today is one of those times. I know the kids are excited today with the opening of gifts and I hope that we as adults are excited about celebrating the Birth of our Savior. Jesus is the reason for Christmas. There would not be gift giving if God had not given to us His Son. We need to keep the Spiritual part of Christmas alive with Thanksgiving and Praise to our Lord. Having Christmas on Sunday seems to mess up some people’s Christmas but think about it; Why do we have Christmas anyway? Don’t lose the meaning and message of Christmas because it is on Sunday. Sundays are our day of worship and we worship because of the gift of life God has given us in Christ. Family and friends are important, but Christ is the most important thing today. We should worship him.

Thank you for a special day last Sunday. It will always be memorable for me. The meal was wonderful and I will miss those meals, but the Love you’ve shown is what will stick with me. The watch is a cherished gift especially with the inscription. The tie Courtney had made with the picture of the Church on it will always be a part of me. The cards, gifts, and the personal words are priceless. I wanted to see and talk to each member personally and thank them for all they have done for me and what they mean to me, but time has not allowed that to happen. Thanks to Greta Burke for coming back and singing for me my favorite song, “He Is An On Time God” Wednesday night.

Know that I love you and am proud to have been your pastor and proud to have served here 20 years. Remember the next Pastor will need your Love and support which you gave to me. Here is a word of caution, be patient in the search for a new pastor. This just does not happen overnight. The Leadership is trying to do all they can for you. They haven’t had to do this for 20 years and some have never had to do this. Work with them not against them. God has a pastor for New Bethel. He is an on-time God.

I Love You Church. Thank you. Keep the Faith. Support the Church. They need you and you need them.

Pastor Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment