Banner

Banner

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Weekly Message from Pastor Tommy-12/18/11

Today I am writing my last article as your Pastor and I do it with mixed emotions. There are times that I enjoy writing these articles because I have something to share with you that I think is necessary and helpful. Brenda has to wait on me to email her these articles before she can finish the bulletin. Sometimes I get it to her on Thursdays, but most of the time its Friday before I do it. I am thankful for her and her patience over the years with me not only with these articles but with many things in the ministry. She has been more than a church secretary keeping up with my doctor’s appointments and many, many other things that were not church related. Thank you Brenda. Now who am I going to depend upon. I guess I should have thought of that!
Church I love you and thank you for all that you have done for me in my 20 plus years as pastor here. Many emotions are running through my heart at this time. Many memories come to mind also. Families, faces, friendships, and fun times are in my thoughts today. Births, marriages, funerals, ballgames, trips, choir practices are things that made the ministry so beautiful for me. Thank you for today and what you are doing for me. To say that I am excited but sad is an understatement. Most pastors leave when there are problems in the Church or just before the church runs them off. I thank the Lord that I do not have to leave and you do not want to run me off. I am leaving on great terms and can come back anytime without fear of facing a problem or pain. We have seen God do some mighty miracles here and I am sure there are more miracles to come. I am leaving because I know God is leading me in a new ministry. I have not quit the ministry but am traveling down a new path with the Lord. Over the years my strengths have been in times of adversity, difficult times, and dealing with life’s troubles. I have tried to make my ministry one of being there when you needed me. I can say I have fulfilled that to the best of my calling. We have gone down many roads together and I don’t regret them. I do wish I could have done more at times. I try to love everybody the same and treat each one special because you are special.

Pray for me and I will pray for you. Support one another and you will be fine. Work with your leadership. Keep the Faith.

Pastor Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment