Banner

Banner

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pastor's Weekly Message - 5/1/11


May 1, 2011

What a wonderful Easter Sunday! I enjoyed this Easter more than I have any other Easter in the past. It was spiritual, powerful and just beautiful. The sunrise service was great.  I would like to thank all those who helped set up everything (chairs, sound equipment and the keyboard). What a great crowd that we had too. There were several visitors who attended along with some people that we haven’t seen in a long time.  There is something about getting up early on Easter to worship knowing that He is Alive.

I know that every Sunday should be special, but Easter has an impact on me. Thanks also to the cooks who worked so hard to have all the food ready for so many and so early.  Church, if you know someone who helped, thank them because they worked hard.  Those biscuits were delicious, thanks Diana.  Now for those who missed the 11:00 service (10:30) the children’s program was sweet and a blessing. Thanks to the CMTs for their hard work in putting it together. The song with the sign langue was wonderful. The kids looked like they enjoyed doing it. The story in the skit was great too. Thanks kids for your willingness to share with us. 

I was so proud of the choir in presenting Christ in song. Andrew sung Amazing Grace as if he had been doing it all his life. I believe that the Lord’s heart was touched by him. Rod was Rod.  His singing reminded me of his dad, Roger. Roger did that same song for us many times and it blessed us then and really blessed me now to see Rod carry on that same worship of our Saviour. Ronnie Fleeman blew me out of the water with his song. I looked over the church and people were rejoicing, and worshiping. Not to be outdone the choir raised the bar high. I think I am going to shout, Amen.  Courtney’s songs were spiritual and worshipful. She put together a great program of worship. Thanks to Karen for all the time of practicing and encouraging that she gave. We are blessed to have her. Judy and Al, thanks for making the church beautiful with your touch, and to Al Lawton and Ken and Marilyn thanks for getting the lilies.

Pastor Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment