Banner

Banner

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pastor's Weekly Message - 2/6/11

February 6, 2011

We had a wonderful service last Sunday. I am sorry some of you missed it. Bro Jerry brought a tremendous message that many of you are still talking about.


The second point of his message was, “I will not be regulated by my past.” So many of us are regulated by our past. It seems we can’t get past our past. It seems to control us, and I am not saying that it is easy to break free from the past. God wants us to be free from sin and our past that seems to keep us from that freedom. Now, before you beat yourself up, you are not alone. God will help you with this, but you have to daily give it to the Lord. It is no different than having a problem with drugs. You have to take it one day at a time and take it to the Lord each day. The other two points were: 1) I will be yielded to God’s will and 3) I will remain faithful until Jesus comes. Jerry is a great preacher and there aren’t many preachers left like him. He wanted me to thank you for the love offering. He was very appreciative of your kindness. I hope that we will be able to have him back soon. He really loved what Andrew said. I did too. Andrew told him that I was his best friend, a good preacher, and a fun person, and he wouldn’t trade me for him. Jerry is going around to different colleges speaking to them concerning becoming a missionary to America and overseas. Right now they are focusing in the Western United States. He just returned from our West and noted that there are hardly any Bible believing churches.


We are working on a website for the Church so you can see and know what is happening in the Church. We will have things that will be of service to you plus a message and things to help you in your Christian walk. The website will be given to you in the upcoming weeks. This is one of the things the deacons want to do for the Church. You will be seeing and hearing more in the days ahead from that meeting. I was very pleased to hear the heart of the deacons as they shared what they would love to do four our Church. Pray for us and our goals as we enter in this new year for our Church.


Pastor Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment