Banner

Banner

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Weekly Bulletin Message - 7/29/12

Hello to all in the name of the Lord:

This week’s article is about going forward. The Apostle Paul wrote these words in Philippians 3:13 as he described going forward: “Forgetting those things which are behind and reaching for those things which are ahead”. There is absolutely nothing we can do about what has happened in the past but we can do something about the future.

As I entered the pastoring of a small church once, I noticed everyone reminded me of the last pastor. He did this and he did that. One wonderful gentleman told me once the following: “Our last pastor would cut the grass for the parsonage and the church. Would you have any problem with this?” I just looked at him and said; “No, if you want to get the last pastor to cut the grass at the parsonage and church, I have no problem with that at all.” Well, this did not go over very well but it got my point through. What happened five, fifteen, or even twenty years ago is gone and over with. Let’s move forward for the cause of Christ now.

In the months to come, I am going to be presenting some things to you that will help this church to grow. Before you give up on it quickly, give it a try. If it does not work, we will try something else. I fully believe New Bethel is going to grow but it will take hard work by all. Let’s work together to make New Bethel the best church in the world.

Pastor Wade

No comments:

Post a Comment