Banner

Banner

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pastor's Weekly Message - 3/6/11

March 6, 2011

I don’t know about you, but the services for the last several weeks have been great.  The testimonies of our Deacons have been the fire that has caused the services to ignite in praise.  Praise is what the Lord desires and deserves.  The Bible says in Psalms 107:8, “Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!”  I can say that is the whole purpose of the testimonies.

In Psalms 109:30, “I will greatly praise the LORD with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude.”  We don’t need to wait for others to praise Him; we should.  One of the great things about the early Christians in the Book of Acts was their praise.  They believed in prayer and praise. 


The testimonies that Courtney shared with the Church concerning her friend cause me all week to think about others and what they are going through and what I can do to help them.  There is a world of hurting people all around us.  There are people in our church who are hurting today even though they might not tell us who they are; the shut-ins, the homebound, and those who have had surgery.  Take a look around you today and see who needs a smile, a hug, or a kind word.  Could it be the one that you are sitting with today?

What if we start a homebound ministry…would you be involved in it?  You may ask what it would be: several of us going to someone’s home and having a worship service with the, sing some songs, give some testimonies and pray with them and for them.  Morris Moore, Doug Banks, James Thomason and others who cannot attend Church with us are just a few.

In Psalms 150:6 it says, “Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD.  Praise ye the LORD.”  Psalms 146:2 says, “White I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being.”  One more verse that I want to share with you today is in Psalms 40:3, “And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God; many shall see it, and fear and shall trust in the LORD.” 

The singing has been great also.  If you missed Sue’s song you missed a blessing from the LORD.  I can’t wait to see what God is going to do here.  What about the special offering of $3,400 that was promised?  Today we have $2,760 of it already given.  Look out…God is up to something great!

Pastor Tommy    

No comments:

Post a Comment