Banner

Banner

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Pastor's Weekly Message - 3/20/11

Are We Thankful?
March 20, 2011

Are we Thankful to God for all that he has done for us? As I type this article my mind goes back to this past week and month as to what I am thankful for - my health. I was thinking about all the phone calls I received concerning the health of others. As I look back there were some older people and some younger folk whose health was not so great. The calls came at different times during the day and during the night. Some were friends of mine, some were family, and some were friends of others who called to ask me to go and see them. Other calls were to just pray for the family. 

Sometimes we fail to realize just what people are facing. In our bulletin are names of families and friends and some people we don’t know who are facing health issues and problems. We should be interceding in prayer for them. One pain, one spot, one knot, or one spell has changed their lives. Don’t overlook those things that seem to be small and we think will go away if we just sit still or don’t pay attention to. If your health is good today then you ought to praise the Lord and thank Him from the depth of your soul. Just the visits I made this week and the calls that I made have made me stop to thank the Lord for my health. Yes, I do have aches and pains, but overall I am well, Praise the Lord!

The second thing that comes to mind is the families and friends who are so thankful for the visits or the calls they receive. Some just cry, some hug you, others just kept thanking you and thanking you for caring. Yes, we do live in an in-no-time world and time is important. We seem to have so much on our plates that the caring part comes too late from so many of us. We wait until it is too late to say I care or we care or what can we do for you. Look around today and see who needs you to come, to call, or just be there for them. I know some people shut you out of their lives, but there are so many who would welcome you into their lives. We all need friends.

Pastor Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment