Banner

Banner

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Weekly Bulletin Message - 4/15/12

God is good and so are all of you. Thank you for making the Easter Services so special. To all who set up the area for the services, the cooking, the preaching, the singing, the attending, the flowers, the web site, and whatever part you did.
We welcome Pastor Bridges and Ms. Ferrell with open arms and hearts. God has provided us abundantly with many, many good people here at New Bethel. All have worked to make this the place to come and worship. As I have said many times, I love this church and everyone in it.
The sermon last week on “The Elements of the Resurrection” was outstanding. Because of The Person, plan, and promise of resurrection, we have the power in the resurrection that we are alive in Christ and we will never, ever die. We have much to celebrate. Glory to His Name!
Someone told me this week that prayer is not a spare wheel that we pull out when we are in trouble, but a steering wheel that directs us in the right path throughout life. While this has been a tough physical time for me in the last couple of weeks, I never for one minute doubted that God was on my side and holding me in the palm of his hand. The deacons and members of this church have lifted me up in prayer and I felt the love shown to me during this time.
As we begin our new journey with Dr. Bridges, let’s give of our personal resources, our abilities, and our time to serve God with love and compassion in our hearts. Keep Pastor Bridges and Ms. Ferrell in prayer and all of our congregation, friends, and neighbors.
What A Mighty God We Serve!
Dykes

No comments:

Post a Comment