Banner

Banner

Friday, October 21, 2011

Pastor's Weekly Message - 10/23/11


October 21, 2011

What a great service we had last Sunday. I am still rejoicing. I do believe that people are looking at us to see what we are doing since the fire. I am not talking about where we are meeting and who is singing and preaching, but what we are doing as serving the Lord and what our spirit is like. Look around, things are looking up and God is getting the glory that He desires. Does not the Bible say in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you? Yes, even from this fire we can grow if we keep our eyes on the Lord and not on what was lost.  The fire has caused many people who have never before mentioned our church to ask about the Church and what we are doing.

Today would have been our Homecoming special service.  We can still make today special if we just open our hearts to the Lord. Who has a praise to give? Who has a testimony to share? Who has a song to sing? Who holds the key to today’s service? Somebody needs to let go and share with the Church what God is doing.

This is Pastor Appreciation month and I want to say Thank You for all that you are doing for me. Every day has been a blessed surprise for me. The Calls, the Cards, the Gifts, the Meals, the Desserts (pies, cakes, and cookies) have all been appreciated. With all that is going on will the Church, for you to reach out to me I am truly grateful.  I am putting on weight but that’s the fruits of enjoying eating. 

Pastor Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment